- New journals of the Nature Publishing Group now free access: Nature Energy, Nature Microbiology and
Nature Reviews Materials. Limited free view to new journal: Nature Biomedical Engineering
- 60th Helmholtz Open Science Newsletter [ger] - 25 January 2017
- Trial period until 31 March 2017 for three new sections of the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE): Genetics, Cancer Research and Biochemistry.
- Impact Factors 2015 now available via Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
- Helmholtz Association adopts open access policy (April 2016). (Press release of 30 May 2016)
- As of 2016 the MDC has free access to 1,900 journals of the scientific publisher Springer and to all 134 titles of the Nature Publishing Group
- MDC agreements with open access publishers allow discount on article processing charges of Biomed Central, Frontiers and Science Advances (more information)