Why join us?
The TransCard program is an attractive PhD program for several good reasons:
- Excellent and challenging research projects ensured by internationally renowned faculty
- Constant mentoring of your thesis by your group leader as well as regular PhD committee meetings
- A core lecture series to provide necessary background on concepts and methods
- A unique Clinical Visits program to get insight into the clinical perspective of your research
- Guaranteed attendance of an international scientific meeting plus an advanced course
- Opportunity to develop your soft skills through external courses and teaching on site
- Personal development through interaction with peers, influence on the curriculum, and organization of a retreat or research meeting
- Opportunity to obtain a 'TransCard PhD Fellowship' to support your salary for three years (only for the top students of the central application selection rounds)
How to apply?
Applications for a PhD position within the TransCard research school are accepted through the central MDC PhD online application portal. Selection rounds usually take place twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Please visit our central website for further information and to submit your application.
If you have already started your thesis, are working on a cardiovascular or metabolic biology project, and are associated with one of the TransCard faculty, please contact the coordinator for further information.